Friday, March 09, 2007

Idol chatter

Shocking results from American Idol last night where one of the girls who could actually sing was sent home. Sabrina Sloan was probably the fourth best singe, and she even looked like a pop star to boot. I don;t know if it was because she sang that En Vogue song this week or if people just didn't like her for some unknown reason, perhaps she should've followed my advice and dressed sluttier, who knows what could've happened. The second biggest surprise was that Sundance Head was sent packing. I was never really that impressed by him, they'd been hyping him up since his initial audition, but he never really backed it up. He sang "Jeremy" on Tuesday, and when I heard him doing it I wanted to cry a little, part of my soul died that night and I'll never be the same. But seriously, that song had no business being on American Idol, I feel like a lot of the audience doesn't even know that song, and his rendition came off a lot like SevenMaryThree, which was a southern rock imitation of those grunge bands from the mid-90s. So truthfully I'm not that upset about Sundance going home, it's more of a situation where I wish they would have put poor Sanjaya out of his misery. Sanjaya has a decent voice but he's akward for a 17 year-old let alone too akward to be on this show, he should come back in about five years. The other two dismissals were a lot more satisfying to me, Antonella Barba was borderline to make it to the final 24, and then with her scandal and everything else it became abvious that she was getting voted through for all the wrong reasons, she'll be better off to just get out of the spotlight and go back to being a normal, attractive young woman who sings well at karaoke night. I actually was very happy to see Jared cotter get voted off. Of all the contestants he seemed to have the most out of touch sense of self. After he was voted off, he seemed legitimitely pissed and shocked, and he even said as much. He probably thought he was the favorite before he got voted off last night, but in reality his singing was medocre by competition standards. The show should pick up next week when they start their theme episodes and only one person will get voted off per week. Hopefully Sanjaya will get voted off, but if not him my predition is Jordin Sparks again. She seems to not really have her own niche and comes off as a less talented version of Melinda, but that's just one man's opinion. That's all I've got on Idol for this week, I'll be back soon to talk about March Madness, a lot of crazinees this week to see who will get into the tourney, til then.

-Bender Out

No comments: