Wednesday, November 22, 2006

And I'm Back...

I know my many readers are thrilled to see my triumphant return from a brief hiatus. Many concerned fanshave wondered where I've been, the answer of course...Video Games. You'll be happy to know I've led the Houston Texans to a successful turnaround, we made the playoffs in my first season winning the division, but I digress. Tons has happened, so I'll get to it.

Michael Richards, it's over pal. I've had my questions about whether or not he was a good guy ever since I found out he was involved it that famous Andy Kaufman incident, but this was a complete shock. At this point I wonder if history will be re-written and they'll say this ruined his career after Seinfeld, as if it wasn't really already over. I never liked the way that Richards and Jason Alexander thought of themselves as comedic geniuses as a result of that show. They carried themselves as if they had shown what a true thespian could do with comedic material. Anyway hopefully we won't have to see this guy again and we can just concentrate on Seinfeld re-runs.

Another person who I think is looking like a jerk, on a much lesser level of course, is Kelly Ripa. Kelly have a friggin sense of humor. Clay Aiken is a weirdo, I'll acknowledge that, but I think Kelly looked like a total bitch. Was it homophobic like Rosie O'Donnell said? Maybe but I don;t think you can say for sure, so maybe Rosie shouldn't be confirming Clay's sexuality when he's not publicly out of the closet. The real issue to me is that Kelly Ripa exposed herself as someone with no sense of humor, I won't be surprised if there are a lot of stories of her making ridiculous demands behind the scenes. Kelly, I will never again hope to find a wife just like you, and you'll have to live with that.

I wanted to comment on the Andre Waters tragedy, I don;t know much on the background of why he took his own life, but I do know that I was a huge fan of those old Buddy Ryan defenses, and it's just so sad to see anyone's life end this way, especially when it's a guy who I used to cheer for. Andre was a real badass on the field, and representative of that whole defense. It's also sad to think that they were at the height of athletics less than twenty years ago and he's already the third member of that defense to pass away.

Ok, onto lighter things. this whole Playstation 3 thing is completely out of control, I don;t care how great the technology is you can't pay 600 bucks for a video game system. I don;t even know if I'd pay that much for the old holo-deck from Star Trek, and that was a badass entertainment system. I probably would, for reasons I'd rather not discuss at this time, but the holo-deck was way cooler than the PS3. I also think it's worth mentioning that the Nintendo Wii or whatever it's called looks ridiculous. People don't really wanna have to swing their arms or whatever while playing a game, it's that simple.

I know I sound like a comlete Jeter hater on this blog, so it'll be no surprise to you that I'm pleased as punch that he didn't win the MVP. I just don't see it, in my mind if you take Derek Jeter off that Yankees team they still win the division by 10 games. They have potential all-stars in eight of their nine starting slots. I don;t understand why everyone has decided that Jeter is the real difference maker on that team. The popular sentiment has always been that Jeter led them to all those championships in the late 90s but I would say the real reason those teams won was their great pitching, and even back then I didn't think Jeter was their best offensive player. As far as this year's MVP voting goes, I think the Twins had the top three candidates in the league, and there were a ton of reasonable candidates and no one single spectacular candidate.

A quick note, The Celtics are doing it to me again, settling into to nice state of mediocrity, too good to get Greg Oden, not good enough to make the games worth watching. This the absolute worst position in the NBA, teams can spend years there and not realize they're going nowhere, every season they get excited about their one all-star or their first round draft pick, hopefully they'll go one way or the other and not remain a slightly below .500 team. This past week was the msot painful because just when I thought they were setting themselves up to be awful the go and win three games. I hate you Boston Celtics!

Thats all I got for now, to my many loyal readers have a good thanksgiving, everyone else, go screw.

-The Bender

No comments: