Saturday, January 06, 2007

It's been a while

I've been relaxing a bit too much lately and as a result I haven't mentioned a few of the important things that have been going on.

Our 38th President Gerald Ford died and I didn't mention it, well the reason is that he was just before my time. A lot of people said you really had to be there to appreciate what he did for this country after Watergate, so apparently he did more than pardon Nixon and fall down some stairs. Also contrary to some published reports, he was not eaten by wolves, so President Taft still holds that distinction of being the only Pres to die like that.

On a more serious and sad note, I've been sickened over the whole Darrent Williams situation. Just so senseless that someone so young and talented, and by all accounts a person who wanted to make a difference, would be killed. He apparently had a tough background but had set himself straight and worked to help the youth of Denver take the same path. I don;t know what all happened on new years eve, but it's a senseless tragedy.

Just a quick note, today on CBS they showed women's college basketball all day, and I honestly have no idea who watches this crap. Can we just all agree that basketball sucks when you take away the extraordinary athleticism. I wish I had a little more pull in this world so no one would have to watch this crap on their TV when there are so many men's games that coiuld be on in their place.

Ok, onto the fun stuff, as most of you must know by now, I'm best defined as a hater when it comes to sports. And I was given plenty of ammo for a couple of my favorite targets during the first day of NFL playoff games. I never though much of Herm Edwards as a coach, and his team was an abomination this week. Larry Johnson had fewer carries than anyone could've imagined, especially given the close score, but I'd say that their lackluster performance is far more damning than his play calling. Maybe people understand why he was shown the door in NY.

The other thing that fueled my hateration was Tony Romo's big choke on the possible game-winning field goal. Romo has been so overhyped for so long, (plus he stole my girl Carrie Underwood) so I couldn;t help but smile when he became the goat.

Thats all I'm putting out for today, I'm sure I'll have plenty to say about tomorrow's games, so long as the Pats win. So for now...

-Bender Out

2 comments:

McBooger said...

Amen! Brother man! You have a fantastic blog. I couldn't agree more you about the need to spend an entire afternoon clogging up channel with women's college basketball. I hope you don't mind that I've included a link your page on my newly founded blog.

McBooger said...

Amen! Brother man! You have a fantastic blog. I couldn't agree more you about the need to spend an entire afternoon clogging up channel with women's college basketball. I hope you don't mind that I've included a link your page on my newly founded blog.