Thursday, February 22, 2007

American Idol Results

Ever since season two I've been completely hooked by Idol, and at this point I can;t bear the idea of not putting my two cents in after every show. I was a little disappointed tonight to see that Paul Kim was voted out. He was one of my early favorites, not necessarily to win the competition, but I enjoyed his performances. Maybe people were put off by the fact that he didn't wear shoes, and admittedly his song selection wasn't great, but he had a great voice and should have made the final twelve. As for the other three, I can't really complain, I didn't think much of any of them, I would've rather seen Antonella Barba go home than Nicole Tranquillo, I think she just picked a bad song and had enough talent to stay around. The highlight of the show for me was that Simon acted like a dick to the very end, throwing one last shot at Rudy after he'd been voted off. The lowlight was Fantasia's performance, not that there's anything wrong with her, but I'm definitely not the intended audience.

Enough about Idol, there were a bunch of little things in the sports world I wanted to mention. A big night in the NBA, Dwyane Wade dislocated his shoulder and should be out for about 6 weeks. He'll back in time for the playoffs, but right now the heat are very much in danger of finishing on the outside looking in. It was tough to watch Wade start crying on the sideline and then to see him rolled off in a wheelchair seemed like a bit much for a shoulder injury. The real highlight of the night for me was when Shaq dunked on Mutombo then wagged the finger in his face, the refs gave him a technical, but it was probably worth it, Mutombo has probably wagged his finger over a thousand times, and Shaq may have even been a victim before. The only other noteworthy event was the lack of trades before today's deadline. I guess Andrew Bynum is too much to ask in return for one of the best point guards of all-time. I don;t know if Kidd would've made the Lakers a champion, but I think they're rating Bynum too highly.

A mixed bag of news for the Patriots fans, Adalius Thomas will be available as a free agent, and the Pats could definitely use him. He'd fit right into their style, unfortunately he'll probably be getting huge offers due to the raised salary cap and the lack of other free agents. The really bad news for the Pats is that Chad Jackson has a torn ACL and it's just another sign pointing to Jackson being a huge bust.

Last note today, good luck to one of my favorite baseball players of the last ten years, the mighty El Guapo is making a comeback. Rich Garces signed with the Nashua Pride in hopes of making it back to the bigs, if nothing else it should sell a few tickets for the Pride.

That's all I've got for today.

-Bender Out

No comments: