Thursday, October 26, 2006

Hank Aaron Awards

So I was listening to the radio last night, sports radio, the Todd Wright on Sporting news radio, and they announced the winners of this year's Hank aaron awards. They give one to the best hitter in each league, to no one's surprise Ryan Howard won it in the NL. In theb AL there were plenty of great candidates, but who do they give it to? No no, neither of the two DH's who are in the MVP race and not the first baseman either. They gave it to Derek Jeter. Really? the best hitter? I must have misunderstood the point of the award or something. Jeter is a fine hitter, probably one of the best three in his own lineup. But I can't imagine any pitcher saying that Jeter is the one guy in the whole league they wouldn't want to face. Admittedly I'm not a huge Jeter fan, I think his popularity and notoriety as perhaps the best shortstop in Yankee history leads to him being quite overrated. I probably wouldn;t say Jeter was one of the top ten hitters in the American Lague this year, definitely not top five.

A follow up to what I wrote about yeaterday, last night's episode of 30 Rock was one of the funniest things I've seen on TV in the last couple years. Just top shelf all around, especially Alec Baldwin who carried the episode, but also the geeky idiot kid, Kenneth. He could be a real up and comer in the comedy world, he was apparently in Talladega Nights and also has appeared on Conan and Arrested Development.

Anyway,

-Bender out

No comments: